Virtual finance office
Dedicated finance support that all businesses need and deserve
Businesses need sound financial support to be able to deliver on profitability, positive cash flow and solid strategic and commercial management in order to survive long term. However, in order for any business to have access to the full range of skills and expertise of an effective accounting and finance department is often difficult.
DRS provides a unique yet highly effective virtual finance office service solution that delivers all the benefits of having an in house accounts and finance department without any of the cost and infrastructural hassle. DRS can be the backbone for your company providing that support, strategic and long term planning capability as well as help with all day to day operational needs of bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and tax returns and reporting.
Why would you need a virtual finance office and what can we provide?
- Many businesses start projects which make sense in a prior business environment, but will no longer deliver the value expected. These projects can linger on… because culling them involves ‘hard’ decisions and backtracking. As your virtual financial support we will help to drive the best business outcomes.
- As your virtual finance office, we will have access to critical data which should be used for analysis, faster decision-making, risk assessment, financial modelling and forecasting.
- Cost-cutting may be essential sometimes but it also risks harming the future agility of the business. We can make recommendations to get the balance right.
- A business with cash is in a relatively strong position. We will work with you to help improve the cash position of the business by looking at various aspects of the business including collection processes, reduce costs, review payment terms with suppliers and customers and improving inventory management.
- An effective virtual finance office can play a critical role in identifying and assessing unique (inorganic) opportunities arising from a disrupted business environment. Are there distressed businesses selling assets at discounted rates? Can new partnerships be forged as the landscape changes?
- Through data and processes, a virtual finance office can help with intelligent recommendations to retain customers or acquire new customers.
- Business leaders have the challenging job of communicating effectively with their teams. That means issuing a clear, coherent message whether the news is good or bad, we will provide important input into any messaging to help build credibility.
- Extraordinary business conditions require a different approach to running the business. Speed is of the essence, but departing from the usual ‘rules’ can put the business at risk. A successful virtual finance office will support any change in the best interests of the business provided that associated risks are well understood and can be managed.
Passion, positivity and perfectionism
If you’re fired up about a great business idea but don’t know where to start, we can help.
Other ways we can help
Business tax planning and advice
The less tax you pay, the more you can invest in growth. The right strategy will put you in control.
Personal tax planning and advice
How you manage your income and assets can make the difference between a big tax bill and a sensible one.
Business startup support and advice
From business planning to statutory registrations and filings, we’ll make sure you get off to a flying start.
Bookkeeping & compliance
The easy way to be sure you meet all your statutory obligations with Companies House and HMRC.
Business support and advisory
Enthusiastic, encouraging and practical advice on building and growing a successful business.
Making tax digital
We are committed to helping our clients meet their new compliance obligations created by MTD.
Beyond accounting services, it’s our passion for technology and experience in working with certain specialist sectors that gives DRS the edge.
Automation and cloud apps have the power to unlock capacity and potential in your business.
Who we help
Our clients include technology SMEs, fintech providers, property businesses, family-run firms and innovative startups.