- Borrowing stood at £17.9 billion in June 2021.
- One in five remain unsure about their debt repayments.
- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
- Changes ahead of a comprehensive report due in autumn.
- A fifth of self-employed people will face extra one-off costs.
We’re the tax geeks your growing business needs
DRS offers everything your business needs, from hands-on accounting to technically brilliant tax advice, using smart software to keep things simple.
When you talk to us, you’ll learn that our services are all delivered with unique enthusiasm because the fact is, we love what we do.
That passion leads to quality work, too. Anyone can do a tax return, for example, but not everyone does it right. If there’s an allowance or relief to be claimed on your behalf, we’ll always take the time to run the numbers, show our workings and make the case.
What do you need?
If it involves numbers, tax or the complexities of compliance, we’re ready to help.
Get the right cloud accounting software setup and save hours (and pounds) down the line.
Passion, positivity and perfectionism
If you’re fired up about a great business idea but don’t know where to start, we can help.